Monday, May 2, 2011

Looking for My Office

The Dream:
I had taken on a new job. I was walking around what looked like my old high school, but everything had changed. (Since it has been 20 years since I graduated, that wouldn't be too far-fetched.) I was walking around the maze of hallways looking for the office I had been assigned.

I stopped at an information desk to get directions. They pointed me in another direction than the one I had been going. I shrugged and went that way. After walking for a little longer, I came to a dead-end.

I was about to turn around and go the other direction when my drama teacher from high school (who is now a school counselor but wasn't in the dream) came out of one of the doors lining that part of the hall.

"Hey, lady! Long time no see!" she said and gave me a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for my office, but I think I'm in the wrong place. I don't know where to go."

"You're exactly where you're supposed to be. Your office is right next to mine. What are you doing here anyway?"

"I'm starting the new writer-in-residence program here."

"That's absolutely fabulous! You'll be great. And you will love this office because it lets you get out of meetings easily or else all your time will be taken up in one meeting after another and you might want to get out of some of them. Some are absolutely required, though."

"That makes complete sense to me."

What I Think It Means:
I don't know yet. I haven't had time to think about it.

1 comment:

  1. From "kbaby4u":

    "I had a dream simular to that growing up except I couldnt find my classroom. It made going to class the next moring very anxious. lol"

    ReplyDelete