Thursday, April 28, 2011

Angel Wings


The Dream:
I was getting a HUGE tattoo of angel wings going from shoulder to shoulder and down to mid-back. here were pictures of people and things important to me (more people than things). I could identify most of them, but there was one picture -- a guy -- I couldn't really see because most of his face was covered by a feather.

We (the tattoo artist and I) would talk about what colors to use, but during the inking of the mystery man, he didn't ask me anything. While he selected colors and we talked about things, I walked around. I was dressed from the waist down. I usually kept my arms crossed over my chest. Other people came and went. My parents (who are very anti-tattoo) showed up. They both actually approved of what I was doing and why.

When I woke up (in the middle of the night), I was sleeping on my stomach but propped up on my elbows with my head resting on my fists.

What Someone Else Suggested:
Mr. Mystery will be brought to me on the wings of angels.

What I Think It Means:
Metamorphosis. That's the single word I kept thinking of this morning as I was getting ready for work.

I need to stop being afraid to spread my wings and fly. What's important to me now would still be important to me later, too. It's that willingness that will let me figure out who Mr. Mystery is (and possibly meet him).

It's time to embrace the metamorphosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment